Click here!


Sunday 20 April 2008

Vision

Welcome to my blog page.

If I remember clearly, this is about the fourth blog page I have created. I have created some that I can’t even remember my log in details. Sometime in the past, I created a page on MySpace and posted beautiful blogs. But for some reasons, I developed cold feet.

Somehow, today while reflecting, my blogs crept into my thought and I realised I have not kept on with those “projects” because I didn’t have a focus. And in all honesty, it isn’t that I didn’t have a focus when I started those blogs but I’ll say my focus on each occasion was not CLEARLY defined. I didn’t have set objectives before I started them. I remember my first blog post. It was a beautiful poem from one of my collections. I was looking for a platform of expression after reading through my poems that beautiful evening and I decided to start a blog site. I did. But then I stumbled on another website; http://www.poetry.com/ and thought this would give my poems wider exposure. I never went back to my original baby.

There was a time I checked a friend’s blog site and was so moved by the kind of stuff he has on his site. Then I said to myself; “this is really cool. But I can actually do better…” The result? I immediately created a blog page which I can’t even remember the directory today. It died a natural death.

I used to be a campus journalist way back in my undergraduate years. Most of my articles which were privileged to be nominated for and/or win awards were mainly political. I spoke for the voiceless. Through my writings, I kept my course mates on their toes, nobody wanted to be picked upon in my next article. My articles covered every area of students’ lives on campus except Sports and Entertainment. One of my first blogs was supposed to be a continuity of my campus crusade. But I didn’t realise that the playground is now different. I failed to discover and define my new audience. Having talents is definitely not enough for success in any endeavour. I lost zeal after sometime and forgot I ever started the blog.

I have undertaken a number of projects in my short journey through life which I have not been able to sustain. And I’d say the chief reasons are because (1) I undertook some of those projects because I thought I could do better than somebody else without having my own dreams (2) I did not use the power of synergy and networking to achieve some of those dreams. I made myself an island (3) Each of my “abandoned projects” has been something ventured into for which I later realise I had ventured into something I have no iota of passion for. (4) I was not ready to take “major” risks. I was comfortable in my comfort zone.

I am a self-driven individual and believe so much in my ability to do and achieve anything I set my mind on. However, I realise that drive is just one of the tools needed for success. There is more than that if you ask achievers; they have a story to tell. They all have portfolios of toolkits that they keep adding to in their journey on the success ladder.

This time I have come to stay. My goals are clearly defined. So is my audience. I have identified the tools I need to carry on and can see my projected end already. My Vision is clear. More to come on success antidote in my next post.

Till then, Peace…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite inspiring! Thanks for pointing out the need for passion... No bi `Copy-Copy!' God give us visions so we can impact our generation for HIM!

Gagganave said...

Welcome to the fascinating world of bloggers Femi.....great stuff!! Keep up the good work and keep smiling, keep inspiring.....
Gaggan xxx